How to save, share and use a report on a dashboard
Learn more about how to query and build reports your cloud spending with the dynamic cost explorer.
Save a report based on a query of the dynamic cost explorer
When you have the report you want you can save it and you will able to share it and add it on a dashboard .
Click on the "save report" button and a form will appear where you set:
- the period for which you want the report in hours, days or months (last 7 days, last 3 months, etc.)
- or from / to a point in time (last week to today, last year to current month, etc.)
- if you want to skip any period, for example the last day, because the billing data is not yet available for the last increment
- a name for the report
- and if you want a seperate report for each cost allocation unit
Use a saved report as a widget on a dashboard and share it
Once saved, you can go to a dashboard and click on the "see all reports" checkbox to list all your saved reports. Then you can:
- add it to the favorites so it appears on the dashboard
- delete it
- share it with one or several users of your company account
For a favorite report you can resize the widget or move its position in the dashboard.
On the dashboard you can edit the name by clicking the pencil button along the name (1) and if you wan to edit the report itself click on its name (2), you will be redirected to a static view of the report, you will have to click on the "Offline report" to be able to change the report etc.